Saturday, February 03, 2007

Walking bootcamp

For whatever reason, I'm beginning to get a little concerned that Anna isn't walking (yes, I need to calm down and back off...I'm going to quickly become a "helicopter mother" if I'm not careful! The horror!). So...we decided to have "walking bootcamp" this week and set up some chairs with some of her favorite toys on them to encourage her to walk along them. I'm not exactly sure what I thought this was going to accomplish because she's already cruising very well, so these chairs are pretty useless. Oh well...seemed like a good idea on a rainy, cold day when we were looking for some entertainment!


Well, given that Anna is already smarter than me, she just plopped down and crawled between the chairs to get to her favorite toys! Here she is giving her "wiggly giggler" a taste test.
Walking update: she's still crawling and cruising, but has started "letting go" a lot more when she's standing. Now I just need to figure out how to "let go" and let her do these things on her own schedule! :-)

2 comments:

Last Man Syndrome said...

I didn't really start to walk until I was fifteen months old, and I turned out okay. (I think...)
--Mara

Anonymous said...

My kids did not walk until 17 and 16 months. They are fine now- (I think :) ). However, I got tired of carrying them everywhere and other people's comments. If she is already cruising and standing, I would not worry about it! My oldest did not even cruise or stand until well over a year.

Heather (Scott)