Wednesday, December 31, 2008

White Christmas

Ok, so it wasn't exactly a white Christmas, but we did get snow in Houston in December! Seriously. For those of you non-Houstonians/non-Texans, this is truly unheard of. I can count on one hand the # of times its snowed in Houston in my whole life, and it never snows and sticks.

Anna was considerably less impressed than we were...she seemed to just think the snow was "cold". (It was, admittedly, right before bedtime that it snowed, so she was a sleepy goose.) I'm not sure she really comprehends the true rarity of this event. Silly toddlers.

Below is a shot of the steamy hot tub in the snow. Clint took advantage of this rare opportunity to go sit in the hot tub and have a beer while it snowed. May be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in Houston...


Ok, a few more Christmas pics...I can't resist...

Anna was excited to leave some cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. She did want to be sure and taste-test the carrots before subjecting Rudolph to them...



A few shots of our Christmas cutie...


Ok, I think that's it for 2008! I would promise to do better in 2009, but let's be honest...about 1/3 of the way through the year we're going to have a newborn and these posts are probably going to get even more sparse. Oh well...I'm adding it to my NY Resolutions list anyway...

We hope your 2008 was as enjoyable as ours, and wish an even happier 2009 to everyone!

No comments: