Monday, February 09, 2009

Little sister ain't so little...


We had our "fetal growth" ultrasound of Anna's new little sister today, and she looks great! They said everything looks healthy (and she's still a girl, so no repainting the nursery for us...ha!) From the ultrasound, she actually looks a lot like Anna did at this stage...maybe they'll favor each other!
They did say that she's measuring larger than they expected at this stage (by a few weeks), so they're thinking she'll come earlier than originally expected. My original due date was April 21st (has moved a few days earlier over the course of the pregnancy), but now they're saying she's measuring as though her due date would be April 4th. Whoa. While I'm generally not wild about inductions, my doctor said today that if she's not here by April 10th then he'll want to induce me to up the odds that I could have her naturally without a C-section. Lower chance of C-section? Sign me up for that induction! Hopefully she'll make her debut before April 10th, but if not, that's probably the day!
I of course am a bit apprehensive about "why is she so big??", but the ultrasound tech and doctor were both very comforting that its very normal and nothing to worry about it. They apparently did not get the memo that it is my job to worry. Constantly.
I'm sure Anna will be excited about her new sister arriving a bit early (that is, til she gets her and Anna realizes that this new baby thing is maybe not quite as exciting as she's gotten into her head that its going to be!) Anna's been really cute recently...wanting to buy gifts for the baby, and talking about when her sister gets "bigger and bigger...and she can take a bath with me...and when she's even bigger she can sleep in my big girl bed with me..." and on and on. She's going to be an amazing big sister...

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Hey Susan! I was induced with both Grace and JR and it went very smoothly. My doctor is already talking about induction with me since this is my third but we're trying to wait 2 more weeks (38 weeks) before we begin this discussion. Grace was over 9 pounds born almost 2 weeks early (and no her due date was not wrong-HA!), and she was very healthy! Of course it's your job as a mom to worry, but try not to! :) Congrats!!